• 1
    BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • 2
    LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy: zero waste, fit eating, trainings and more ♡
    Learn more
  • 3
    PLANNING
    I'm so crazy about planning! Do you want to start with planning? Read more about my planning methods ♡
    Learn more
Welcome!
Welcome to the Cheryl template site. It's a fully responsive, modern, feminine Blogger template made with ♡ by Brand & Blogger Studio. Go on and take a look around. Hope you love it as much as I did!

I can help you to make your brand and blog more pretty! ♡ If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more

Read these first

Latest on the blog

Finding Time to Rest

I have not been posting much in the last month.  Life has just been so hectic and busy.  And, I am tired… really tired.

One of the things Beloved keeps telling me is that I do not rest enough on the weekends and in my heart, I know he is right.  I usually spend my weekends working full speed ahead on some project, often staying up late to finish it.  I know I should rest more, but part of me feels guilty if I am not, in my mind, accomplishing something.  I do try to go to sleep at 9 pm during the week, but I get up early also, which offsets the benefit, I guess.  Really, I do have more energy in the morning and that is often the time when I unload the dishwasher or put on clothes to wash.

In contrast to my usual modus operandi, I rested this past weekend.  I was feeling a little under the weather late last week and thought I could benefit from some low-key couch time.  It actually was really nice.  I did not allow myself to feel guilty for not being outside pruning the rosebushes.  Instead, I stayed curled on the couch and worked on my latest knitting project.  Occasionally, I would put in a movie to watch, too.

I think the knitting was a balm to my inner slave driver during this weekend, the key that helped me accept the rest and not feel guilty as I was actually accomplishing something.  I think reading would act in much the same manner.

What is interesting is that both my knitting and reading To-Do lists are a mile long.  There are so many things that I want to make (or, ahem, finish) and read.  I have actually been planning to do a couple of posts on my craft and reading lists for the year.  It is ridiculous that it is already March and I still have not done them.

The fly in the ointment is that it is about to be warm enough for the grass to start growing.  The yard could already use a clipping in some spots to knock down the winter weeds.  I do not dislike mowing, but it takes up A LOT of time since all I have is a push mower.  It IS great exercise, and that is part of why I have stubbornly clung to my push mower and not upgraded to some sort of riding mower.  If I am disciplined, I can take two weeknights to mow and then my weekends are free to do other things.  I think this is the best option.  I would then like to divide my weekend into time being spent outdoors, working in the flowerbeds, and time indoors, ostensibly resting, but also reading or knitting.