• 1
    BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • 2
    LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy: zero waste, fit eating, trainings and more ♡
    Learn more
  • 3
    PLANNING
    I'm so crazy about planning! Do you want to start with planning? Read more about my planning methods ♡
    Learn more
Welcome!
Welcome to the Cheryl template site. It's a fully responsive, modern, feminine Blogger template made with ♡ by Brand & Blogger Studio. Go on and take a look around. Hope you love it as much as I did!

I can help you to make your brand and blog more pretty! ♡ If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more

Read these first

Latest on the blog

The Iris Are Here!

I dearly love iris!  They are my favorite flower, so I am always anxious for spring to come.  Two weeks ago, my white cemetery iris bloomed.  Then, this past week, the others started to come forth.



I am terrible at remembering plant names, but this one is a batik variety with interesting veining.  It is the first time it has ever bloomed.


This beauty is a different type of batik.  Its markings are more stippled.


My beautiful soft yellow iris was shy at first, opening her first bloom under the Ducher rose.  The next day, however, she gained courage and opened one out in full view.


One of the few flowers already planted here when I bought the house is this gorgeous pale blue iris.  It was planted in a shady corner and nearly choked out by invasive monkey grass.  I transplanted it into the sunshine and was delighted to see it bloom the first year.  I suspect that it is a fairly old variety because it multiplies prolifically.  So much so, I have divided and planted it in other flower beds.



Here it is by the Fantin-Latour rose.


And in the backyard, too!


Ahh, my little lavender lady.  She is diminutive and sweet, and a very old-fashioned variety, to boot, since her buds have a husk-like covering.  My mom gave me a start of her.  I fondly remember watching for her blooms when I was a child.  Please ignore the weeds!  I have not cleaned out this bed, yet.  :-)


In contrast to Miss Lavender above, this gregarious fellow demands attention!  Large fragrant blooms in blue-purple define the Improved Purple variety.  He multiplies profusely and can be found all over the yard.  My mom also gave me this one.


The latest variety to bloom out is the smooth, periwinkle one above.  I suspect this one to be old-fashioned, too.  The clump is just full of buds and the soft color is very pleasing.  It is sure to make a show once a few more buds open up.

Since it is prime iris season, I will be making the rounds each day to see any newcomers and will post photos.

Comments

  1. So you're in Texas? I LOVE the scenery around your house. So, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I live in East Texas.

      Delete

Post a Comment