• 1
    BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • 2
    LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy: zero waste, fit eating, trainings and more ♡
    Learn more
  • 3
    PLANNING
    I'm so crazy about planning! Do you want to start with planning? Read more about my planning methods ♡
    Learn more
Welcome!
Welcome to the Cheryl template site. It's a fully responsive, modern, feminine Blogger template made with ♡ by Brand & Blogger Studio. Go on and take a look around. Hope you love it as much as I did!

I can help you to make your brand and blog more pretty! ♡ If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more

Read these first

Latest on the blog

A New Color Direction

I have been on a personal color analysis journey for a long time and over the years, I have chronicled my interest and experiences on this blog.  Today I want to share some updates with you on where I am now.


As I noted here, my color analyst had reassessed me as a Soft Summer using the True Colour International drapes and method based on the Sci/Art concepts.  I was content with this result for awhile; however, the thing that was curiously absent from my life was compliments.  Nothing I ever wore seemed to draw compliments and I found this strange since I have always had a knack for being able to dress in a way that sparked attention and interest.  It turns out that I really should have been listening to my instincts the whole time.


I decided to sign up for Imogen Lamport's 7 Steps to Style program, which included a personal color analysis using the 18 palette Absolute Colour System that she developed.  I was interested in a different viewpoint than the traditional seasonal approach since I have struggled so much in the last few years making the seasons work.  Imogen analyzed me as Zesty, a warm, light, bright palette.  I am absolutely thrilled with this result and most of the colors are very close to those I was naturally drawn to wearing before ever having a color analysis.


In the past, I would have taken this result and went through my wardrobe like a whirlwind, removing anything that did not fit.  However, if I had done that this time around, I would not have had hardly any clothing to wear since I had been put in cool color palettes over the last few years.  I decided I wanted to take the slow and easy approach this time.  First, I eliminated items that were extremely dusty or muted in color value.  Although I love these colors in nature, I feel extremely depressed while wearing them and I do not feel they do me any favors.  Next, I started wearing the Bright Winter pieces I still owned.  Even though these garments are too cool, they have that bright element which makes them a much better fit for my complexion and mood.


Additionally, I have started planning my sewing for the new year.  Chocolate brown is my version of black and I do want to focus on adding pieces in this color over the next year.  I have already bought a brown wool and velvet patchwork skirt and brown ankle boots and I have a long brown bias skirt and jacket in the queue to sew.  Camel and ivory are some of the other neutrals in my palette that I will be looking to add as well.  But, I also have some really pretty fabric that I bought after my Bright Winter PCA in colors of bright yellow, red, turquoise, and Kelly green that I really want to use.  I'm less concerned about matching colors exactly to my palette than sewing beautiful clothes that make me look and feel great and using resources currently available to me.  Over a long period of time, my wardrobe will eventually be completely Zesty, but right now I need to use the fabric I have instead of buying more.


Even though we are in the throes of winter right now, I know it won't be long before Spring will be here, so I am thinking about warm weather silhouettes with a vintage appeal.  And I want to incorporate a few items that I already have to help quickly build a collection.  I will be putting a sewing plan together in the next few weeks to capture my vision and use up some of my stash!